Wednesday, August 29, 2018

If I was you, I'd wanna be me too

When I tell people that I eat healthy, I work out, I can't eat certain things, etc...... I always get told "but your so skinny.... You don't need to do all that!" ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
( Before I go any farther, this is a long post. If you do not want to read the whole thing, please at least read the last 2 short paragraphs. It will make a huge difference in your day!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰)
Tell me please, how many of you are as fit, healthy, and skinny as I am without having to put any effort into it?! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ When I was younger I had an extremely fast metabolism (possibly due to hyperthyroidism). I ate whatever I wanted and never exercised and stayed under 110lbs until I got pregnant with my first child. I was asked by people if I was anorexic or bulimic, was constantly being told I needed to eat a hamburger, and actually had people throw things at me!!!! I was always being made fun of and torn down by my peers.๐Ÿ™„
Of course, my parents and other family members told me ALL THE TIME how beautiful and valuable I was and how much they loved me and how great I was!!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ But I was young...... I wanted friends... I wanted the other kids my age to see what my family saw..... And when they didn't, I valued their opinion more than the people who loved me.
As most of you know, I'm not like that anymore. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Now, I value my opinion of myself more than anyone else's opinion! Because my opinion of me is what matters most!!!
So tell me now, how many of you value your opinion over the opinion of any other person?! ๐Ÿคจ I will tell you how many of you should....... ALL OF YOU!!! It does not matter your race, gender, skin tone, mental condition, who you love, how long your or short your hair is, how you wear your make up, what kind of clothes you wear..... You get the point right? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Let me tell you what else matters over the way people see you ..... The way you treat others. Yes I know ๐Ÿ™„ it's super cliche, but it's what's on the inside that matters, not the outside!!!! Now don't get me wrong here.... You need to feel like you are attractive, I know. Everyone wants to look in the mirror and see a beautiful face and a beautiful body, but it ONLY matters if you think you are beautiful. It does not matter what you look like on the outside. If you are kind, and you treat others with a kind heart ๐Ÿ˜ people will see your true beauty!!!
On the other hand ๐Ÿ’‍♀️, how many of you look at others and find yourself judging based on their looks, before you even know the person?! If any one of you just thought to yourself " I never do that" .. think again. WE ALL DO IT!!! I am one of the least judgmental people I know, and even I catch myself sometimes looking at someone and thinking "Why would someone walk out of the house looking like that!? " ..... Notice how I said I CATCH MYSELF. Everytime I realize I am doing that I say a little apology in my head. We need to be lifting each other up!! Not bringing each other down.
So, if you stuck with me this far ( yes I know ...I talk alot ๐Ÿ˜œ) I would like to tell you why I am posting this today. I have met so many young girls and boys who have body positivity issues, and no one knows about it. So many people, people of all ages, have body positivity issues. Most of these people think they are the only ones! Can you even believe that?! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I mean, how many of you just thought to yourselves while reading this " I wish I thought more highly of myself"??? I know I did haha. I'm more confident now than I was before, but I'm not 100% where I want to be yet. We are not alone! There are so many people that need to be reminded that they really are beautiful!
I am not talking about our friends and family. We tell them all the time! ๐Ÿ˜But if you were paying attention to what I said earlier, you will see where I said " I never cared what my friends and family said..... " I always thought friends and family were obligated to tell you kind things lol ... I know now, that is not true. But how many others know that?!
I am going to ask you to do something. ☺️ ( and before you ask ๐Ÿ˜‰ yes, I do this and I do my best to do it EVERYDAY) When you are out and about today..at school, church, work, taking a walk in the park, working out at the gym, shopping.. wherever you go today, and you find yourself looking at people and mentally judging them ( whether it's good or bad thoughts) find something beautiful about them ....maybe they have pretty hair, cute clothes, nice jewelry, awesome shoes, beautiful eyes ..... TELL THEM!!! Do not be scared. Simply walk up with a smile and kindly say " I just have to tell you, your outfit is so cute!!! " ( I have actually told a grown man he has beautiful eyelashes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ but the smile on his face was so worth it!!! ) Not only could you be helping that person feel better about themselves, but it will make you feel better about YOURSELF! And who knows..... Maybe one day someone will do the same for you!
For those of you who read this whole post, if you know what I am talking about, and you have a hard time with body positivity, comment below. Let's talk about it ๐Ÿ˜Š Let me help you find a way to love yourself so much that you will stop caring about what others think of you. AND .. HERE IS THE BEST PART!!!!! ITS FREE!!! 

Me Too by Meghan Trainor  This song is so good to remind yourself that you are beautiful!! SING IT, DANCE TO IT, REMEMBER IT !!

 And here is a little bonus video.. some fun dance moves by the Fitness Marshall to the song Me Too that I love to do as a quick fun workout!
๐Ÿ˜
๐Ÿ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment