Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The B-I-B-L-E

I just spent over an hour in the chapel at the church praying and reading a devotional given to me by my great grandmother when I was a teenager. ☺️ It was beautiful!

Anyway, while I was there and reading, I was writing some things down to remember. The funny thing is, when Barb came in to take my place in the chapel, we got to talking, and I forgot everything I had written down! While we were talking about God, prayer, kids, life, and church, she said something that sparked a reminder in my head that I had not written down. She said "I think I need to be more in the Word" ( or something to that effect)

I went through the pages I had just read and found this ( from a devotional by Beth Moore, that her friend had written) "I heard my husband say recently that the Bible is God's thoughts to us." Then in the next page she says " It is not enough to go to church. One sermon on Sunday, no matter how good it is, will not supply you with the strength you need for every day of the week."

While reading this, it reminded me that while church is important, and learning from others is important... What is most important is the Word! God's Word is the most important thing we have to teach us how to be more like Jesus! I know I have forgotten many times how important it is to read his word every day.

So I just wanted to remind all of you now, if you have not been reading the Bible, or reading your devotions, or taking your 15 min of quiet time to just be with God and hear what he has to say to you .... Make sure you find the time ☺️ it's the best thing you can do for yourself today!



The B-I-B-L-E song Yes, I know this is a kids song!! But it still holds true for everyone 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment